Reigate Grammar School offers MUN for pupils of all ages, Year 7 to the Upper Sixth.
MUN sessions take place at lunchtimes and after school, and are run by Sixth Form students, aided by members of staff. Sessions are focussed on preparing for upcoming conferences, and include practice debates, public-speaking workshops, and training in research and resolution-writing.
Currently, we offer lunchtime sessions for Upper School students and Sixth Formers on Tuesday lunchtimes, and for Lower School students on Thursday lunchtimes. We also offer sessions for all year groups on Wednesday lunchtimes, and have two hour-long after-school debates each half term.
Each year, we attend eight or more conferences, at RGS and at other schools. For the 2016–2017 academic year we will attend:
- Reigate MUN, at RGS on the 24th September. This is intended for all year groups.
- Royal Russell MUN, in Croydon from the 22nd to the 25th October. This is intended for experienced Fifth and Sixth Formers.
- MUNISH, at the International School of the Hague from the 4th November to the 6th November. This is intended for Fourth Form and above, of any level of experience.
- CROYMUN, in Croydon on the 19th November. This is intended for Third and Fourth Formers.
- London Oratory MUN, in Hammersmith on the 26th November. This is intended for Fifth and Sixth Formers
- John Warner MUN, in Hertfordshire on the 4th February. This is intended for less experienced students from all year groups.
- Haileybury MUN, in Hertfordshire from the 24th March to the 26th March. This is intended for experienced Fourth Form and above, and is the largest conference in the UK.
- Saint Andrew’s MUN, in Dublin from the 10th April to the 13th April. This is intended for experienced Fifth Form and above.
- Junior ReiMUN, at RGS on the 13th May. This is intended for First and Second Formers, and inexperienced Third Formers.
Students who have an interest in law may apply to the International Court of Justice at Royal Russell, MUNISH, and Saint Andrew’s. Students who have an interest in journalism may apply to the Press Team at Reigate MUN, MUNISH, Saint Andrew’s, and Junior ReiMUN.